Thursday, February 7, 2008

[papercreters] Re: Hello

I just gotta know cellulose insulation is made from paper
why wouldn't it insulate.
While I'm at it is papercrete appropriate in the Midwest .I have
been corrected we only get 87% humidity

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Boersema" <picknick@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Lynda
>
>
>
> Earth and adobe make great moderating heat sinks or mass which is
great in
> areas where it is cool half the day and hot half the day but these
materials
> are not insulation. You will soon learn all about insulation
properties if
> you stick with us.
>
>
>
> Nick
>
>
>
> _____
>
> From: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:papercreters@yahoogroups.com] On
> Behalf Of Lynda
> Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 11:27 AM
> To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [papercreters] Re: Hello
>
>
>
> Hi, John! I am also new to this group and learning. I do know that
> New Mexico is the perfect place for energy efficient construction.
> Are you at all familiar with the solar home construction that has
> been done out there using old tires and building over them with adobe
> or stucco? They get really deep walls and great insulation. If you
> are interested, I do know someone out there near Albuquerque who has
> a lot of tires you could haul off for free. Lynda
>
> --- In papercreters@ <mailto:papercreters%40yahoogroups.com>
> yahoogroups.com, "John Saling" <evolving59@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello all I am new to group and thought I should introduce
> myself before
> > I drive you nuts with questions.
> > My Wife and I just bought 2 acres of land in NM. We have been
> researching
> > different building materials to build a small energy efficient
> desert
> > dwelling for quiet some time. We live on a fixed income so money is
> a big
> > consideration as is weight of building material. We will be
> building this
> > house on our own. My father was a stone mason so before I went into
> the
> > military I worked with him in the summers so I do know a little
> about
> > building.
> >
> > One of the problems I have ran into in researching papercrete is
> all the
> > sights I have found on my own using search engines tells us all
> about the
> > benefits of using papercrete but when it comes to the mechanics of
> it say
> > travel to us give us several hundred dollars and we will show and
> tell you
> > how it is done. I have no problem with this people need to make a
> living off
> > of what they know. However for me the cost of the travel, hotel and
> cost of
> > course would strain our budget past the point of buying food
> paying rent
> > and other things to make life bareable. So I will be going through
> the
> > archives and links and asking a lot of very basic questions hear in
> hopes of
> > gaining the knowledge we will need.
> >
> > By the way if any one hear teaches the classes I mean no
> disrespect I
> > think it is great just out of my reach.
> >
>



Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/