Thursday, February 7, 2008

[papercreters] Re: Hello

Hi, John! I am also new to this group and learning. I do know that
New Mexico is the perfect place for energy efficient construction.
Are you at all familiar with the solar home construction that has
been done out there using old tires and building over them with adobe
or stucco? They get really deep walls and great insulation. If you
are interested, I do know someone out there near Albuquerque who has
a lot of tires you could haul off for free. Lynda

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "John Saling" <evolving59@...>
wrote:
>
> Hello all I am new to group and thought I should introduce
myself before
> I drive you nuts with questions.
> My Wife and I just bought 2 acres of land in NM. We have been
researching
> different building materials to build a small energy efficient
desert
> dwelling for quiet some time. We live on a fixed income so money is
a big
> consideration as is weight of building material. We will be
building this
> house on our own. My father was a stone mason so before I went into
the
> military I worked with him in the summers so I do know a little
about
> building.
>
> One of the problems I have ran into in researching papercrete is
all the
> sights I have found on my own using search engines tells us all
about the
> benefits of using papercrete but when it comes to the mechanics of
it say
> travel to us give us several hundred dollars and we will show and
tell you
> how it is done. I have no problem with this people need to make a
living off
> of what they know. However for me the cost of the travel, hotel and
cost of
> course would strain our budget past the point of buying food
paying rent
> and other things to make life bareable. So I will be going through
the
> archives and links and asking a lot of very basic questions hear in
hopes of
> gaining the knowledge we will need.
>
> By the way if any one hear teaches the classes I mean no
disrespect I
> think it is great just out of my reach.
>



Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/