Thursday, February 7, 2008

[papercreters] Re: Hello, all. New here!

Thanks for the welcome and the insight, Carrol. I'll be looking
forward to learning how you resolve those cracks. Lynda

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, Carrol Reeves
<feetinthestreet@...> wrote:
>
> Welcome Lynda,
>
> I make mine lighter in weight by substituting vermaculite for
sand. The first ones I made have been very durable. The ones I made
last May have surface hairline cracks and I'm wondering if that is
because my portland was old. Thoough one of the ones I made quiet
some time ago began to have hairline surface cracks as well while
others that I made near the same time frame haven't so it may have
something to do with water or temperature. At any rate they are much
lighter so I'll just be working on refining the manufacturing process
to avoid the cracks.
>
> Have Fun. Carrol
>
> Lynda <wimple6th@...> wrote:
> Hello, I'm new here. I've developed an interest and
desire to work with
> concrete to mold and model sculpture. Not much into construction
> otherwise, but definately looking for ways to make concrete
sculptures
> that are lighter in weight but still durable and lasting. Thanks,
Lynda
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo!
Search.
>



Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/